New Computer Fund

Saturday, October 22, 2011

The New Blog

I have been out of work, it is the off season in the Florida Keys and the economy does suck a bit. So I have been occupying my time dabbling in physics. Not the hard stuff, yet. Just the atmospheric physics stuff. You know, like is the globe warming, where and why, kinda stuff.

It is pretty interesting, but my other blog is loaded with all kinda things that aren't really physics. So I am starting this one to sort out the more scientific stuff. Being totally mercinary, I have installed a donate button up top for a new computer. Mine passed recently, hard drives are not too reliable in the humidity of the Florida Keys. So if that scares you off, TA Ta, don't let the blog hit you in the butt.

One of the projects, the conductive impact of carbon dioxide on Antarctic climate, aka, Another Shot at Explaining the Atmospheric Effect is on my other alternate energy blog. That blog seems to rub people the wrong way. I just happen to think Hydrogen is cool and makes sense if the price is right. Most science blog reader types are opinionated buttholes, I am no exception BTW, but I would rather Hydrogen not be a distraction. Being a redneck, in the eyes of the intellectual community, is distraction enough.

While most of the work I am doing doesn't require much more than paper and pencle, there are a few data bases that require a little more than a borrowed netbook. Since I need to compile a fairly large data base of surface temperatures and pressures to compare to mid tropospheric temperatures and pressure, a new computer would be nice. Not that I really need it, it would just speed things up.

Now before you decide whether I am a warmer, skeptic, denier, rejectionist, or any other overused lable, I am curious, that's about it, just curious. Classical physics accomplished quite a bit before the new modeling craze and I am sure classical physics still kicks butt. However, it is hard to overcome the virtual surrealality created by computer modeling, but I do believe I am close.

Now, the picture of the climate future with more carbon dioxide is not all that clear. There are a lot of feedbacks with various time delays, which are poorly illustrated in What the Heck is the 4C Boundary. While risking scaring potential readers and hopefully donaters off, the various thermal boundaries are key to resolving as much of the feedback picture as possible. A rather unproven, at atmospheric temperatures and pressures, application of Relativistic Heat Conduction appears to have a great deal of potential in that respect.

The largest hurdle is the poor visualiztion of main stream climate science of the overall problem. They, the main streamers, seemed to have completely lost their frame of reference and as a result, are up that smelly creek without a paddle.

If you care to follow or even participate, in resolving a very interesting puzzle, climate change appears to be the first in what may be a series of fun times.

So I am off to revise some older posts and move them over to their new home. I will add a link to the old blog until things are better organized.

Computers are a vailable tool, provided the problem is properly described and converted into code or input. As thermal boundary layers appear to be the largest cause of uncertainty, using the existing theories, like Prandtl's theory, Poisson's equations and Stefan's laws are reasonable blocks for the foundation for the program. Since my initial observations indicate the Antarctic is a strong driver of climate stability, using average initial values based on the Antarctic should reduce conversion error. When compared to tropical initial values, any discrepancies should be exposed early. The results so far, based on average global values appear acceptable, fine tuning to global extremes would be my logical next step.

So here is the first outline of the problem;

Four major vertical boundary layers, 4C, surface/air, Tropopause and Top of the Atmosphere (TOA) with three major horizontal zones, Arctic region, Tropical region and Antarctic region.

This is the simplest model of a complex fluid dymanics problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment